1. This Site is owned and operated by Penguin Books Limited (also referred to in these Terms as "we" and "us") and the information and materials appearing on the Website (the "Content") are displayed for personal, non-commercial use only.
2. All software used on the Website and all Content included on it (including, without limitation, Website design, text, graphics, audio and video, and the selection and arrangement of the Content) is the property of us or our suppliers and is protected by international copyright laws.
3. None of the Content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written permission of the copyright holder, except that you may download one copy of extracts from the Website on any single computer for personal, non-commercial, home use only, provided that all copyright and proprietary notices are kept intact.
4. You are prohibited from modifying any of the Content or using any of the Content for any purpose other than as set out in these Terms (including, without limitation, on any other website or computer network). Requests to republish any of the Content and to use quotations or extracts from any book published by us should be addressed to:
Penguin Books Limited,
London WC2R 0RL
5. The Penguin name and logos are registered trademarks.
Links to Third Party Web Sites
6. This Website may have links to other Internet websites that are controlled and maintained by third parties. These websites may be operated by one of our divisions, associated or sister companies, or may display our name or brand or refer to us in some way. These links are included solely for your convenience and do not constitute any endorsement by us of the websites linked or referred to. We have no control over the content of any such websites.
Material you submit
7. By communicating with this Website, you confirm that you:
(a) have all necessary legal rights, including, without limitation, intellectual property rights, to the material and information you transmit or send to this Website;
(b) take full responsibility for any material you transmit or send to this Website;
(c) will not transmit or send to this Website any unlawful, confidential, defamatory, obscene, threatening, sexually or racially offensive, abusive, harmful or otherwise objectionable material; and
8. We provide this Website in good faith and do not make any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, in relation to any part, or all, of this Website or its Content, nor in relation to any part or all of any website to which this Website has a link. We hereby exclude all warranties and representations to the extent permitted by law. We give no guarantee that the activities and offers made available on this Website will always function as intended or that this Website will be free from infection by viruses or anything else that may be harmful or destructive.
9. To the extent permitted by law, we hereby disclaim all liability, however it may arise, in connection with any loss and/or damage that may occur in relation to, use of, or inability to use, or action taken or refrained from being taken as a result of using, all or any part of this Website or its Content, or any website to which this Website is linked.
Changes to these Conditions of Use
11. If any of these Terms is held by a court of law in any territory to be invalid, illegal or otherwise unenforceable, then, to the extent that it is held to be so, and with regard to the relevant territory only, that provision shall be severed and deleted from these Terms, provided that the remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain binding and enforceable and the severed provision shall also remain so in all other territories.
12. These Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law, and any disputes that may arise under or in relation to these Terms shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
The Discussion Forum and Blog a Penguin Classic
13. Penguin does not vet and is not responsible for any information which is posted in the Discussion Forum or on Blog a Penguin Classic (together known as the "Public Areas"). Any content, recommendation or other information within the Public Areas is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Penguin does not warrant, in any respect, the accuracy or reliability of any of the information posted in the Public Areas. The views expressed in the Public Areas are those of the individuals and are not necessarily those of Penguin.
Other than the book reviews submitted by you, Penguin does not moderate content before it is posted but retains the right to delete, move, edit, update or otherwise alter content in any way, at our discretion and without notice.
By posting your comments or materials on the Public Areas, you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, world-wide licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publish, distribute to third party websites and display any content you submit to us in any format now known or later developed. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit your comments or materials to us.
You may use the Public Areas only to post content that is proper and appropriate to such areas and you must not do any of the following:
* post unlawful, defamatory, obscene, threatening, offensive, harmful or otherwise objectionable content (this includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio);
* delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any content that is posted;
* falsify the origin or source of content that is posted;
* post content in a language other than English;
* post content that violates the legal rights of others, in particular, material that contains the intellectual property rights of third parties unless you have obtained all necessary licences and consents to use such content;
* advertise, promote or offer to sell any goods or services;
* contribute content with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act;
* use inappropriate (e.g. vulgar or offensive) user names;
* post content that contains viruses or that may damage Penguin's or another user's computer;
* reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, email address, telephone number or postal address).
If you are under 16, please obtain your parent or guardian's permission before you register to post any comments or materials.
Penguin shall be entitled at any time to delete, remove, or suspend the whole or any part of the Public Areas or any content posted on them without notice and without incurring any liability. If you find objectionable or offensive material in the Public Areas please let us know as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com.